Our third session presents Laura Gibson with a spiritual cliffside take on “Down by The Riverside.” The pairing dovetails nicely with the themes explored in her latest album La Grande. “It’s an album about strength and confidence - about the tension between wildness and domesticity and the courage required to embark upon either path, about asserting one’s will rather than submitting.” The video’s eclectic makeup teases at La Grande’s lush explorations of vocal layers, organ, vibraphone, synthesizer, marimba, even marching drum. Simple solo finger-picking set momentarily aside, Gibson has arrived at a conflux of old-time and avant garde all her own.
So proud of the third installment of Deschutes River Recordings featuring the talented Laura Gibson. Thanks to Matt Pence, Dave Deppler, Julie Vitelks, Jason Leonard, Cory Gray and everyone involved!
- the-blur-life reblogged this from deschutesbrewery
- reflectionsonpossibility reblogged this from deschutesbrewery and added:
- northlab reblogged this from deschutesbrewery and added:
- palemorningdun likes this
- apt404 likes this
- deschutesbrewery posted this